RECORD STORE DAY!!


Today is RECORD STORE DAY!!!

Its a fantastic new tradition to celebrate one of my most cherished venues of all -- the independent record store. I have a lot of favorite ones... you've seen pictures of them here...

This year, I am celebrating Record Store Day with an installation of a dozen and a half rock n roll photos at my local record shop - The Groove in East Nashville's 5 Points neighborhood.

Yeah - my tour, Unguarded Moments: Backstage and Beyond has concluded, but I can't resist the lure of trotting out the images. Since Nashville is Music City, I am trotting out more than the punk rock for my fellow Nashvillians this year...


Dee Dee & Stiv - your fave?
Dee Dee Ramone and Stiv Bators

No Theresa K. photo exhibit is complete without my two favorite dead boys - a Dead Boy and Ramone. I miss these two mischief makers terribly, but I feel their guidance every day.

Warren Pash
Warren Pash

This man, Warren Pash is not just my neighbor... not just any singer/songwriter.... he wrote "Private Eyes" - YES... and isn't he damn photogenic? Having his portrait is a small tip of my lens to East Nashville's rich culture.

The Cramps
The Cramps

This is one of my most well-known images, and my favorite line-up of The Cramps.

springsteen80-LA

This 1980 image of Bruce Springsteen got some jaw-dropping responses when I showed a few people what I was planning to hang.... if he's your boss... you can see a 16x20 print of him hanging at The Groove in East Nashville.

There are other amazing image surprises you can see in person... superstars and punk rock stars alike.... I'm talking a diverse collection like Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop, Chrissie Hynde, Blondie, Ramones and more.

Check out record store day at the indie shop where ever you live. Support your local business people and by all means.... BUY RECORDS.

Comments

Popular Posts