Hooray for Me

In my personal history - and I hope in everyone's - the Birthday Celebration has always been a favorite "holiday" - its your own personal day...

jam bus strip

Over the years, I've regaled you with tales of the The Jam, Dickies and Eyes gig at the Starwood on my birthdate in 1978 - here and here and all these entries here.... its a birthday story worth repeating...

yellow iggysmall

In the 70s, I've spent my birthdate with concerts by Iggy Pop - and the oft-referenced car breakdown on California's Highway 5 to San Francisco... that same year, the birthday week shows included Iggy AGAIN in Santa Monica with Blondie opening and a Blondie/Runaways gig a few days later.

Joan Jett & Nigel Harrison

Somewhere in there, there was the Los Angeles debut of Television.

verlaine whisky 77


In 1980, my birthday concert was the Pretenders.

Chrissie Hynde

This year, I celebrate my birthday with a show by The Shazam, who in fact have in their vast repertoire a song called "Hooray for Me," which hopefully ties all this up so that I can call it a night....

shazam

If you're in Nashville or its environs, come to 12th & Porter tomorrow night (April 15) and buy me a drink... that's where The Shazam will be playing. That drink would be Stoli/soda/lime....

Comments

Popular Posts