My First Punk Rock Record - Out NOW

dils chip jumping
The Dils - Chip and Tony Kinman, circa 1978

Chip Kinman & PCH have a new record -- My First Punk Rock Record on Fundamental Records. Its 15 songs in 11 and a half minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! real punk rock as only Chip Kinman can dish out. As founders of California's legendary punk trio, The Dils, Chip Kinman and his brother Tony brought both the gravitas and the energetic fury of UK punk rock to the Western Front.

dils on stage peoples temple

When they disbanded the Dils, the Brothers Kinman and San Francisco punk rock ally, Alejandro Escovedo created cowpunk/alt.country/whatever you call it when they relocated to Austin, Texas and played together as Rank and File.

Now that the world seems to look lovingly back at punk rock's halcyon days, what better way to keep the faith than with a new record from Chip Kinman?

chip holly & tony
Chip & Tony Kinman with author Holly George Warren, 2007

I've been listening to My First Punk Rock Record since right about when this photo was taken - at Chip's birthday party last fall. I've been waiting for this day ever since... they day I can tell you to rush right out and get our own copy of My First Punk Rock Record - do it now!

Comments

Popular Posts