Jeffrey Lee Pierce, 1979-80


Jeffrey Lee Pierce, 1980, originally uploaded by Theresa K.

This innocent and shy fellow is indeed the master of dark, chaotic punk blues madness, Gun Club founder, Jeffrey Lee Pierce.

I noticed today that this portrait of Jeffrey, that is also posted on my website of male rock portraits, The Female Gaze, received a ton of visits from around the world.

I just wanted to share this image of Jeffrey with you again... I guess there is a demand.

This photo was taken backstage at the Whisky A Go Go around 1979/80. It was a B-Girls show and everyone in LA was there. There are even some backstage photos from this night in the book, "Platinum Blonde" by Cathay Che - it is the biography of Deborah Harry. Its been published in the US and UK and is available in paperback too, if you are interested in the story of Debbie and Blondie.

When I get back to NYC from my travels, I'll dig up some B-Girls photos for you, and much more Blondie too.

buy this photo

Comments

Popular Posts