This Week in Punk Rock


bass29, originally uploaded by Cool Auntie.

There's a lot going on this week in punk rock. Unfortunately for me, the shows I want to see all conflict with each other!

May 19 is Joey Ramone's birthday and there is the annual Joey Ramone birthday tribute show at Irving Plaza in NYC. The show is sold out, and on the bill are The Saints, the seminal punk band from Australia, led by Chris Bailey. If you want to see The Saints and don't have a ticket to the Joey Ramone Birthday Tribute show, you're in luck! You can see them at Maxwell's on Friday the 20th or you can see them at the Ding Dong Lounge in Manhattan on Saturday, May 21.



I'm partial to the May 21 gig at the Ding Dong because I am one of the people promoting it!

saintswebTK

This will be the show of 2005. Don't miss it!

For people in Chicago, there's the annual Horizontal Action Blackout at the Empty Bottle that is also pretty much sold out. I will be exhibiting some vintage punk photos as well as photos of a few contemporary bands I know you like.



Some of the band photos I am printing up tonight for the Blackout include: Elvis Costello, The Germs, Blondie, Ramones, Sex Pistols, X, Stranglers, Cramps, and of course, Stiv Bators.

See you at the shows!

Comments

Popular Posts