Stiv and me


stiv-tk, originally uploaded by Cool Auntie.

I know, I know, I keep coming back to Stiv Bators. But he really changed my life!

This is a picture from the Stiv Tribute and Dead Boys Reunion concert that took place on September 18, 2004 in Cleveland at the Beachland Ballroom.

All the living Dead Boys were there, and Stiv was represented on stage by three larger than life blow-ups of photos taken by me! Of this, I am more proud than I can describe.

Jim Lanza took this photo. He also organized the event. Just about everyone who mattered in the sphere of the Dead Boys was invited and showed up. I was hoping to see the guys who backed Stiv on "Disconnected," as that record in its 25th Anniversary Re-issue edition was first made available at the show. Don't know why they weren't there... but the good news is that I'm seeing them all next week thanks to the off-the-cuff suggestion of Rainy Day Saints main man, Dave Swanson. Dave thought I might enjoy attending a recording session that would reunite the band behind "Disconnected," and he was right!

I have been living in a sentimental wave of nostalgia for days now.

Also, I want to take this opportunity to thank all the Bloggers who have visited this site and told their subscribers about this playground. It is appreciated.

Long live punk!

(now that this me-me-me moment is over, I promise to put up new pictures soon.)

Comments

slickdpdx said…
You look great too! And still alive to boot..

Popular Posts