Memento Mori - Stiv, Greg Shaw, Kike Turmix



As we near All Saints Day and the Day of the Dead, as well as Halloween, we have a lot of people to remember.


This week, we remember the birth of Stiv Bators, and the memory of Stiv is not complete without the memory of Greg Shaw. They're pictured here with Frank Secich, who is happily still with us and as productive as ever, and perpetuating their memories with music.



This week we lost Spanish punk rock hero, Kike Turmix.

If you click on the link to the title above - you will arrive at a page featuring a beautiful song by my fave Detroit rock n roll glam space garage bubblegum band, The Witches. I thought it was a beautiful and haunting way to remember things and people that have passed. And while I'm at this, writing from Nashville, I want you to remember just who helped give birth to country punk (with Jason & the Scorchers)...one of my life-long friends whose life was also cut short, Jack Emerson. Nashville is not the same without him, but his spirit and his mark remain and his memory helps keep people motivated... that goes for Stiv, Greg, Kike and all the Ramones too. Missing you. If I was in Oaxaca, I'd build a sand castle tribute to you all next week.

Garden path

Comments

Popular Posts