Iggy Pop


Iggy-Green, originally uploaded by Cool Auntie.

Thirty-six years after busting out of Ann Arbor, MI with the Stooges, Iggy is gonna release a comprehensive compilation record with all the tracks you love in one set. There will also be a DVD.

Have you seen Iggy live?

Of course, you're looking at a photo I took, so you know I did. I feel fortunate to have photographic souvenirs from those shows I saw. Back in 1977, no one stopped you from bringing a camera into a concert. I had seats in the third row for this concert at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. David Bowie was in Iggy's band (on keyboards), along with Soupy Sale's sons, Hunt and Tony. The Sales men are from Michigan too.

Have you ever tried to stand on a folding chair when a crowd is moving in waves around you? Wonder anything was in focus. Actually, a lot of the pix I took when I saw Iggy in San Francisco the night before were kinda blurry.

This summer, fans in Europe can see the live phenomenon that is Iggy. He's doing seven of the major summer Festivals, including the mother of them all - Reading (UK). The Stooges reunite again to play All Tomorrow's Parties in London on August 30.

The new CD / DVD is due on July 19.

If you don't have the money or the frequent flyer miles, I can suggest a really hot show with a tremendously sexy singer this weekend. In New York City.

Its a shameless self promotion, but I think you would love Mr. Airplane Man. They are helping my favorite punk rock bar, The Ding Dong Lounge celebrate its fourth anniversary... Saturday, June 4. I'll be there.

Girls & cars
Margaret Garrett & Tara McManus, Mr Airplane Man

For more Iggy news, he does have a website, so check it out.

And more promotion - if you'd like to own some of the photos you've seen on this site, I am offering ten images plus my Blackout poster for sale at consumer prices. Click on my Buy Photos link for some samples and a link to my online store.

Comments

Popular Posts