Upcoming Vintage Punk Photo Shows




On Saturday, December 3, the Cleveland's Screaming photo show opens at the Bela Dubby Gallery in Lakewood, a suburb of Cleveland.

In addition to my photos of Stiv Bators and the Dead Boys, you will be able to see the works of Cleveland-area photographers who shot what was rocking at the time. These photographers include the well-known Janet Macoska and Anastasia Pantsios, as well as Steve Wainstead and my friend Jim Lanza, who also organized the exhibit as well as the memorable Dead Boys reunion shows in 2004 and 2005.

Cleveland and NE Ohio bands from the Dead Boys to Devo, Death of Samantha, Pere Ubu and many others will be represented here.

I've included a photo each of Chrissie Hynde, and Lux Interior, NE Ohio natives who found their "fame" outside the 216 area code.

Note that Cleveland's Screaming has two openings... One on December 3 at 6 PM at the gallery, and another on December 10 at the gallery at NOON. On the night of the 10th, there is a gig at the Beachland Ballroom associated with the photo show.

Now, in Milwaukee on Friday December 9, at the Feral Gallery, I will be in a group show with CAnderson who is best known for his work with Horizontal Action. At the Feral show, I will be debuting an edition of Johnny Thunders images. Its an image I haven't even printed yet! Doing that on Monday.

I will have an image of Lux Interior or The Cramps or both at Feral... haven't figured out which one yet. What a photogenic band they are.

Lux Interior

My Los Angeles shooting schedule prevents me from attending these openings, but you can still buy those pictures on the wall! Priced to move...

Comments

Popular Posts