2014 Recommended Reading

So, this morning, I received this email from Amazon.  Awfully nice of them, this is a great read by a clever writer.  Funny thing, however - the photo on the cover of the book is mine!  Dear readers, you do know this image of Lorna Doom from the Germs in their first rehearsal in Pat Smear's mom's West Los Angeles garage.



A year or two ago or so (I have no concept whatsoever of time anymore, sad to say), I was asked by the publisher of Chick Bassist if I would license this image and I was thrilled.

Since the book was published, I've gifted it to friends; I've also found its author Ross Lockhart and we now follow each other on Twitter, and I follow his blog and we are mutual fans.

This leads me to recommend some more reading for you all - I'm sure that like me, you still like BOOKS that you can hold in your hand and put on your shelves, just like you prefer vinyl albums to CDs and those horrid compressed MP3s... the way it should be.

Go buy some books, why don't ya?


Comments

Popular Posts