Come to PA This Weekend!


I hope everyone who reads this blog had a great long Thanksgiving weekend. I've been preparing for a really big gallery show that opens this coming Friday in Lancaster, PA (heart of Amish country!) at Metropolis Gallery. It will be the biggest, most comprehensive version of the Unguarded Moments: Backstage and Beyond installation that I have mounted. Over 40 pictures will be featured in a variety of sizes, and some of them have been printed on my favorite metallic paper.

The tour has come a long way over the past 13 months and punk rock fans from coast to coast have seen people like Billy Idol, Belinda Carlisle, Joan Jett, Stiv Bators, Chrissie Hynde and Debbie Harry in all manner of private moments. I've met so many cool and wonderful people and have visited some great towns, both new and familiar to me.

2005_0101Image0003

That's a photo of me at the Star Bar in Atlanta, GA where my dear friend, Bryan Malone arranged a great show for this tour during their Toys for Tots benefit weekend, and the Gore Gore Girls rocked the house. I even got to meet the famous Mike Hammer of Akron, OH's Hammer Damage, the band from where Stiv Bators stole George Cabaniss.

vocals 2 small
David Quinton on piano, Stiv Bators, George Cabaniss and Frank Secich

So - if you don't have any weekend plans yet, why not come to the opening night - you can even visit Amish country while you're there... in Lancaster, PA. I'm quite excited to be punking the Amish country. I think that's what Stiv would want me to do.

small tk stiv
me & Stiv - 1979

Comments

Popular Posts