18 Years Without Stiv

stiv collage 96

Steven John Bator
October 22, 1949 - June 3, 1990

It was early in the morning on the 4th of June, 1990 that Rick "Rock" Goldstein, whom I met when he was playing drums in The Wanderers called me to tell me that our friend Stiv Bators had passed away.

Because in all the years I'd known Stiv, he would more often than any other practical joke, have people tell me he'd died, I said to Rick, "Put him on the phone." But this was no joke.

I like to think that Stiv is puppeteering many aspects of my life from the great beyond. I'm sure he's trying to get Bo Diddley to convince Brian Jones that the three of them should enlist John Bonham and Peter Laughner to join their super group.

Search this site for photos and memories of my dear departed pal, Stiv Bators.

Comments

Popular Posts