Well, I Missed Goner Fest... BUT

Punk Rock Day of the Dead 2007

I'll be in Memphis soon! Save the date, Memphians and other locals - we'll celebrate Halloween together and rock your Halloween Hangover with tamales as part of the Punk Rock Day of the Dead Celebration, which is a special edition of the 2007/2008 Punk Turns 30 UNGUARDED MOMENTS: Backstage and Beyond traveling photo exhibit.

Thanks to the magic of the internet, I was able to enjoy many aspects of Goner Fest 4 on the blog (click it and see for yourself), and on the blogs by Andria Lisle (for Mojo via Yahoo - see this) and The Memphis Scene in the Commercial Appeal online, thank you Mark Richens for the name-check and the link! Of course, the The Goner Board was a play-by-play bonanza and included links to everyone's photos... it seems a good time was had by all.

Margaret & Tara

I was so sorry to have missed seeing Mr Airplane Man. I've had some great times with both Margaret and Tara, and their shows are amazing. Just two ladies, two instruments brewing up a sexy, steamy, stomping set of the blues. However, thanks to the streaming audio, I was able to hear them!

greg and quintron 2

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to tune in for either the alpha or the omega of Goner Fest 4 - the opening ceremonies by Greg Cartwright in the store and the Saturday night headliner, Mr Quintron and Miss Pussycat at the Hi Tone.

I hope that all the Goners who descended upon Memphis last weekend left something for me to buy at the store! I did receive some great stuff in the mail recently - the new album by Richard Lloyd, which I'm going to listen to right now and then tell you all about this weekend.


ps... a big shout out to Alisa Houseal Botto for doing the coolest part of that Day of the Dead poster!

Comments

Popular Posts