
For more than 30 years, The Cramps have been held together by the bond that is Lux Interior and Poison Ivy Rorschach.

Lux and Ivy are the dream-team of b-movie voodoo nightmares (a good thing), trash psychobilly rock n roll, complete with all the props and the musical stylings to support that fantastic freak show that's better than all the monster movies you've seen at the drive-in combined.

A woman of few words but volumes of style and a guitar repetoire that keeps growing, Ivy has kept the Cramps sound together while Lux takes his stage show to new heights of mania. They haven't lost a bit of steam and still look as cool as they did when I first saw them when we were all kids.

I first saw the Cramps in 1977 and was completely enthralled by their complete conviction and the last time I saw them, in 2004, they had a whole new generation of garage punk rockers in the palm of their hands. They were playing much bigger rooms but they still delivered a show as intimate as if they were playing a 300-seat club.

If you love the Cramps as much as I do, you should track down (if you don't already have) Target Video's great DVD of the Cramps Live at Napa State Hospital.
Comments