Punk Rock Heart Throbs

kevin kiely WEB

Kevin Kiely of Mumps was certainly one of the punk rock boys that set our hearts a flutter. He was Pleasant's favorite Mump...

BW bromly

Don't they all look pretty great? That's Kevin, Pleasant and Mump Rob Duprey posing punk a la The Bromley Contingent.

ANNA-72

Future A&R guru, Anna Statman may have been one of Jeffrey Lee Pierce's muses.

George and David

Here, the teenage David Quinton (right) and 20-something George Cabaniss from Stiv Bators' Disconnected band had their fair share of female attention, even though Stiv attracted the creme de la creme of groupie attention.

Stiv & Sabel Starr

Idol shopping

Billy Idol was another of Pleasant's favorite punk rock boys, and his allure is still strong today (judging from how many hits this site gets whenever I publish a photo of his handsome face).

Belinda, Pleasant and Wyline

Pleasant herself was one of punk rock's "It Girls," as were her best pals Belinda Carlisle and Wyline.

Alley Cat Diane Chai is pictured here in her full Ronnie Spector appeal.

diane chai - web

Diane played a fierce bass and wore some of the sexiest on stage clothes ever.

d harry berkeley 78-web

Debbie Harry most certainly was and still is a sex kitten and half...

Pandoras at the pool

The Pandoras were never afraid to be sexy, either. I don't know why I am surprised when garage rock boys actually know my name from my bylines on Pandoras pictures, from their "Hot Generation" 7" sleeve to the random shots we took at the beach that were featured in Oui Magazine.

Me, I always thought Dee Dee Ramone was pretty adorable.

stiv dee backstage 2fixedSMALL

Pleasant and I had this guilty pleasure thing for teen idols. During punk rock days, both Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett were around and having hit singles. I bet you didn't know that I have tons of both of their 7" picture sleeves.... silly songs made for teen girls. Many years later, at VH1, I would work with Shaun's teen idol big brother David Cassidy and also Leif Garrett on a show that celebrated the 70s. My question is: why didn't I get them to autograph my records? I mean.... I have a Mumps-autographed copy of "Crocodile Tears"....

Comments

Popular Posts