Rodney Bingenheimer

Rodney Bingenheimer & Friend

I can't tell you how excited I am - well, let me backtrack by saying I can't believe how quickly the online community myspace has become so important in promoting your band or your "thing" in general.

The other day, I noticed that Rodney on the Roq had a myspace page. So, I became his cyber friend. I posted a comment on his page together with this photo of Rodney with Penelope Avenger.

Penelope Avenger & Rodney

It must have gone over well at Camp Rodney, because before I knew it, there was a bulletin generated from Rodney's name endorsing this very site. THANK YOU!

Stiv & Cynthia at Rodney's Apartment

Actually, Rodney was exceptional on all accounts helping to promote all the things we punk rockers were doing. There was of course the radio show, and for me as a photographer, and for Pleasant and me for Lobotomy, he always gave us access to KROQ whenever bands we wanted to meet were there, or if they were phoning in, Pleasant and I were allowed to be there to talk on the phone in between Rodney's on air chatting. He was like our magical god-uncle or something. And he's still supporting the scene.

Must have been nice for Rodney to hear Clem Burke thank him on television and in front of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Anyway, THANKS Rodney... I'll try to come see you at Canter's and bring you a print of this photo of you and Stiv.

Comments

Popular Posts