Thursday, March 30, 2006

On this date in 78--Lobotomy Night at the Whisky

GERMS

X on Lobotomy Night

alley-cats72

Yes ladies and gentlemen... It was on March 29, 1978 that the Whisky hosted the Lobotomy Night show - a benefit for us... Lobotomy, the brainless magazine.

X, The Germs, Alley Cats and Flesheaters played.

I believe that the Germs played "Sugar Sugar" for the first time that night.

Also, its quite possible that it was In the Red Records' Larry Hardy's first Germs show. I didn't know Larry back then...he was just a suburban kid coming to rock shows, but apparently, he was standing next to or behind me every night of my life! When I show him pictures, he seems to remember more about those shows than I did. Anyway, Larry runs one of the best indie labels around these days. Why don't you check it out? They just released the latest album by Sparks.

And before I sign off and go to sleep, let me remind you that the Flesheaters are playing in Los Angeles next week. At the Echo, April 6.

What year is it?

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Great photos. Makes me wish I'd been there. Of course, I was in the middle of nowhere in those days, and now I'm not very far from there, geographically speaking.

AC @ bloggedy blog

Ms. Lori said...

Oh, gawd, Sparks...Good to hear they're still around! Thanks for posting the link.