Punk in the RnR Hall of Fame





Thirty years since the (already inducted) Ramones 1-2-3-4'd their way around the world, inspiring upstart rockers as well as trend-seeking record executives, punk rockers are now finding themselves being inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. I have to say that my best memory of the Rock Hall is from 2004, when the living Dead Boys showed everyone what "young, loud and snotty" really meant during their raucous panel there on the eve of their reunion show. I'll be asking for my fleece and down wardrobe once the Dead Boys are inducted because only then will hell have finally frozen! All this is just a warm-up.

However, that doesn't stop me from offering a hearty CONGRATULATIONS to Blondie and the Sex Pistols on their induction, which will be feted in March of 2006 in NYC at the usual rubber chicken ball at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I can only imagine the "all star jam" at the end of the night - you see, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Black Sabbath are also being inducted. What a culture clash! What will they play? I know that Glen Matlock is included in the Sex Pistols for this induction (after all, he did write those songs...) but I wonder if Gary Valentine will be included in Blondie - and for that matter, what about Nigel Harrison (who co-wrote a few hits with Debbie starting on "Parallel Lines") and Frank Infante ?

Sex Pistols

Well, I don't need the Rock Hall to tell me what music is good or what music I should like. Never have...

Here are some photos I've taken of people who are already in the Rock Hall:



Johnny Ramone



Bob Dylan 1974

Comments

Popular Posts