News from the Front


Kim Fowley, originally uploaded by Theresa K.

Well, since my personal friends know, I thought I'd let you all in on this. I'm in Los Angeles working on a film with Kim Fowley.

You know Kim - he's a record producer with a long list of hits and credits. He's been in movies such as the documentaries, Mayor of the Sunset Strip, about Rodney Bingenheimer, and outtakes from an interview he did for a VH1 special on the "Bad Girls of Rock" were excerpted and included in "Edgeplay," a documentary about the Runaways, the all-girl punk band he formed, managed and produced in the 70s. His reputation is one of urban legend.

Let me tell you this about working with Kim Fowley. In 13 hours, we shot about 15 set-ups... it was like working with the real Ed Wood in a way.

While I'm in LA, I'm going to finally get to see my pal Carol Schumacher fill in on bass for the Reigning Sound. They're playing at the Troubadour on Friday, November 4. If you're in LA, you should definitely check that out, and you should also check out the Deadly Snakes and the Lamps the following night (at the Scene in Glendale.)

Greg Cartwright - Southpaw
Greg Cartwright of the Reigning Sound

carol9
Carol Schumacher

Comments

Popular Posts