New York Doll


David & Syl, originally uploaded by Theresa K.

Well, my big weekend plans include seeing (finally) the documentary about Arthur Kane, entitled New York Doll.

Has anyone else seen it?

I've been loathe to check out the punk documentaries. Don't know about you, but its really weird to see something so close and personal portrayed on screen - especially when its someone else's memory and experience, not your own.

That said, I suppose I will end up seeing all these movies. I may have been the last person to see Sid and Nancy because of Sid's relationship with Stiv and I know I was the very last person to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding because who wants to see your own life lampooned ?

Oh well. Stayed tuned for some news on two upcoming exhibits these vintage punk pix will be in. Here's a pictoral hint:

Dee Dee & Stiv

Black Randy and Stan Lee

Have a good weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts