Punk Rock Weekend


tkDH3, originally uploaded by Cool Auntie.

Friday's here, what are your weekend plans?

I know what Debbie Harry is doing on Sunday. She's going to perform at Irving Plaza in NYC to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

In Los Angeles, The Last are playing a one and only reunion show, so click back or scroll down and get the coordinates for that. In my estimation, The Last were one of the most overlooked of LA's bands. I wish I could be there on Saturday, but I am here in NYC and I'm preparing for my next exhibit, which opens next Friday in Memphis at the Goner Records store. Its part of Goner Fest II and I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be there. I'll get to meet a lot of people I know only in cyberspace, and once again, I'll be able to see some of my favorite bands play - The Reigning Sound, Demons Claws, Don Howland's Burning Bush, and I'm really excited to see my very first live Lamps gig! After a killer performance at the Blackout, I will be sure to be front and center for Human Eye. There's no one quite like Timmy Vulgar, or "Punk Rock Tim" as my Detroit friends lovingly call him.

This will be a photographic safari! There are quite a few bands and sights I want to memorialize on film next week.

Even though New Orleans has opened its airport and will be letting some people come back home, please don't forget that our Gulf Coast friends have lost just about everything.

Help people here:
help people

Comments

Popular Posts